How to Clean Your Jewelry Using Alka-Seltzer
December 11th, 2012
Alka-Seltzer seems to have many remarkable cleaning uses, and as jewelry cleaner it definitely passes the test! Over time, dirt and oils your jewelry comes in contact with can dull, and accumulate grime on your beautiful pieces of jewelry. Here’s a drop dead simple solution to make in order to start getting all your trinkets shining like new once again.
Reminder: This cleaning solution works wonders on diamonds and white gold. DO NOT use this cleaning solution for cleaning your pearls, opals, or silver jewelry.
- 6 ounces of water (3/4th of a cup)
- A glass, container (whatever you wish to mix this solution in)
- 2 Tablets of plain old Alka-Seltzer (Not flavored, or any “fancy” kind of Alka-Seltzer)
- Clean cotton cloth
- All you need to do is pour the 6 ounces of water into your container, then merely drop the Alka-Seltzer tablets into the water.
- Drop your jewelry into the container while the Alka-Seltzer is still fizzing.
- You need to allow the jewelry to sit in the cleaning solution for approximately 5-10 minutes, after the Alka-Seltzer has completely dissolved.
- Finally, remove your jewelry from the container and wipe them with a clean cotton cloth. Your jewelry should be sparkling clean!