How to Get Rid of Fleas on your Pets and Carpets
July 16th, 2013
Our beloved four-legged friends we love so dearly are always bringing in pesky litter critters. Most of the fleas come in by warm blooded animals that have been outside. During the summer months our dogs are outside quite a bit so the fleas are very active during this time. Only way you can remove these pesky little critters are to make sure your pets are on vet approved flea regimen like flea pills, flea shampoos and or flea dips. Also on a regular basis you must contact a professional hot water extraction carpet cleaning company.
Some good examples of flea products from your vet:
Trifexis: Flea & Heartworm Pill
• Begins killing biting fleas within 30 minutes
• Kills fleas before they can lay eggs
• Prevents heartworm disease
• Treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms
• Artificial beef flavor made from pork liver and hydrolyzed soy
• Easy to administer chewable tablet
K9 Advantix II:
• Repels and kills fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes
• Kills 98-100 percent of adult fleas within 12 hours
• Ends flea life cycle by prevents flea offspring (eggs, pupae, and larvae) from maturing into adult fleas
• Repels biting flies and kills chewing lice
• Provides one month of protection against ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies
• Repels disease-carrying mosquitoes before they bite
• Waterproof – continues working even after your dog becomes wet
• Kills all existing fleas on your pet within 12 hours
• Each application provides a full month of protection
• Also aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infections
• Great for pets that swim since it’s waterproof
• Kills ticks and chewing lice
These products are great for helping your furry friends during the summer heat. But the only way you can truly get rid of fleas on your pets and carpets is to remove the flea larva imbedded in your carpet fibers and you must call a professional carpet cleaner that uses hot water extraction method.
Why hot water extraction?
Recommended by Manufacturers:
Most major carpet manufacturers recommend hot water extraction as the most effective way to clean their carpets. And for some types of carpet, hot water extraction is the only safe method. Unless you’re sure that your carpet will not be damaged by alternate methods, opt for hot water extraction – better safe than sorry!
Hot water extraction offers a much deeper clean than its alternatives, namely shampooing and dry cleaning, which only provide a surface clean. Hot water extraction is also much more effective at removing stains and odors than surface cleaners.
Other carpet cleaning methods—those that involve the use of shampoo, a dry cleaning solution or powder—can leave behind large amounts of residue. When performed properly, hot water extraction leaves your carpets virtually residue-free.
When performed using natural, non-toxic cleaning solutions, hot water extraction can be an eco-friendly approach to carpet cleaning. Many alternative cleaning methods rely on harsh chemicals that can pose health risks for people and pets. Thanks to the power of highly-heated water, gentler solutions are sufficient to produce a satisfactory result.
Requires Precision and Skill:
When selecting a carpet company that uses the hot water extraction method, be sure that the company provides thorough training and that your technician is experienced. Although hot water extraction is extremely effective, it is a more difficult technique to learn than some of the alternatives, and over wetting can occur if your technician has not been properly trained. Poke around carpet cleaners’ web sites – if their technician training requirements are not mentioned, be sure to ask about them before booking your appointment.
Keeping your pets bedding, upholstery and everything else your pets might be in contact with must attended to on a regular basis.